Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Home for a Week - The Highs

Well, Sean is back on the road again, but we had a great week together. Here are some of the week highlights:

Monday, Sean came home early in the morning and I made us some biscuits and gravy.  Yummm!  Later that evening I gave into Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner... We haven't had it in a very long time and that's one of his favorite places to eat.  Beer and wings, can't go wrong with that!

Tuesday was of course Valentine's Day.  We had breakfast and exchanged gifts.  I had gotten Sean a card and his favorite cologne and he gave me a very heartfelt card.  Honestly, I expected more, since it was our first Valentine's day as husband and wife. (As horrible as that sounds, I know I put waaay too much emphasis on this "holiday" than I should have, after all, he was home safely and that's more than I should ever ask for.)  I had also agreed to babysit my nephew during the day, so we weren't really able to do anything together until after.  He did take me to see The Vow, which I thought was cute, and then we went to league straight after.  Not quite the romantic day that I had hoped for, but.... I did have a bouquet of red, white, and pink roses on the table where we were bowling that night waiting for me. :)   My husband did remember to get flowers!  Well he ordered them at least and asked the kind ladies behind the counter to arrange them before we arrived for league that night.  He's such a sweetheart and I was such a brat thinking that I wouldn't even get flowers this year.

Friday was our date night, sort of for not being able to go out for dinner on Valentine's day.  We went to dinner at White Chocolate Grill, which was amazing!  I love their Four Cheese Spinach & Artichoke Dip.  Sean had prime rib and I had the grilled salmon, and to finish it off we shared a chocolate souffle cake.  I could barely move after such a great meal, but we had a show to catch.  We watched Safe House, which I thought was great, how could it not be with Denzel Washington??  I had such a great night, but I had such a bad cough and sore throat that I was feeling pretty miserable and just wanted to go home, take some Nyquil and try to get a good night's sleep.  So that's exactly what we did.  Between Sean being jet lagged and getting up with the dog to go potty and me coughing throughout the night, we hadn't gotten the best sleep that past few nights. 

Saturday we both got massages in the morning, ran a few errands, and practiced.  We met up with a few friends for drinks later that evening, which was a blast.  We both had a really good time catching up with everyone.  We couldn't stay out all night though, Sean had to pack since he was leaving Sunday morning. 

I'm so glad he didn't bowl the Ricart Ford Open in Columbus last weekend because we were able to spend that week together and his body needed the rest.  He had been on the road for 3 weeks straight, and having just flown back from Japan he needed to get his internal clock reset.  With the US Open being this week, it was also a smart decision because it is such a demanding tournament physically, he needs his body to be ready for it.  After his first 6 game qualifying block, he is at +121 and bowling great.  Two more days of qualifying ahead of him though, and on the fresh, so we can't get too excited yet.  There's still a ton of bowling left.  Wish him luck and words of encouragement on his fan page at http://www.facebook.com/SeanRashFanPage

Until next time, my friends! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish Sean the best he is my fav bowler on tour I think he is great

    ReplyDelete