Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Off to Vegas!

Wow, time has flown since my first post.  Well, I had a great two days with Sean while he was home.  I picked him up from the airport Monday night (the 16th), unfortunately he was delayed 3 hours because his plane diverted to London from Frankfurt due to a medical emergency on board.  Hopefully that person is okay, but I'm just glad he came home safely.  For dinner we went to his favorite restaurant, Carrabba's... Chicken parm and fettucini alfredo - his usual.

Tuesday and Wednesday we pretty much did laundry so he could have clean clothes for the 3 weeks he'll be on the road.  Sean and I both got pedicures and I got a mani as well - I absolutely love the fact that he is not afraid to tap into his feminine side!  We bowl league Tuesday night with my brother - always a fun time.  Wednesday we practiced,  went to the mall to get our rings inspected and cleaned, and got a couples massage.  We have a membership at Massage Envy, so we get a couples massage at least once a month, which is awesome time together.... sure we're on different tables and silent during the 60 minutes, but it's just therapeutic and releases some stress.  It definitely puts us both in a better mood too. 

Thursday morning he was off to the airport again.  He flew to LA and bowled the Cheetah Open.  Unfortunately, it was not a good weekend for him.  I wished he was home because we celebrated our nephew, Kyle's, 1st birthday.  I always miss him, but especially when we have family get-togethers. I watched my other nephew, Anthony, bowl league on Sunday and I practiced as well since I was there. 

I am bowling the Mini Eliminator and the International Open in Vegas next week, so I have been practicing everyday to gain more consistency in my game.  I tried tweaking a few things, but I don't want to change too much before a tournament.  Hopefully I bowl well.  I still love the competition and I'm continuing to learn the game, so it's all a learning experience for me, and if I bowl well, that's a huge bonus!  I'm also looking forward to seeing Dan McCarty and going to dinner with him and his family Friday night.  Sean and I met Dan at the World Series of Bowling in Vegas this past November and he is such an incredible kid.  If you're not familiar with his story, you can read about it here.

I fly to Vegas on Friday morning, so tomorrow is a day of packing, last day to practice and drop my dog, Dexter off with my brother and sis-in-law.  I am sooooo very thankful that they take him whenever Sean and I are out of town.  I'm sure Dexter loves the company too instead of being boarded at the animal hospital. 

Well, until next time... My next post will update you on how I bowled in Vegas, so check back soon!  (And wish me luck!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment